Indonesia is recognized for its tiered income tax system, characterized by progressive rates. The tax brackets range from as low as 5% for income up to IDR 60 million, to a peak of 35% for income above IDR 5 billion. The structure includes intermediary rates of 15% for income above IDR 60 million up to IDR 250 million, 25% for income above IDR 250 million to IDR 500 million, and 30% for income above IDR 500 million to IDR 5 billion.
To use the Indonesia income tax calculator, simply input your desired salary and filing status to begin.
2023/24 Indonesia Income Tax Calculator
Indonesia Tax Overview
|Primary Taxation Documents||Form 1770 and Form 1770S|
|Fiscal Year||January 1 to December 31|
|Taxation Deadline||March 31|
|Official Currency||Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)|
|Population||Exceeds 275 million people|
|U.S. Expatriates||Estimated between 5,000 and 10,000|
|Official Language||Bahasa Indonesia|
|Existence of Tax Treaty||Yes|
Top Indonesia Destinations Affected
- Jakarta – The capital city of Indonesia, known for its bustling streets, vibrant nightlife, and diverse culinary scene.
- Surabaya – The second-largest city in Indonesia, famous for its historical sites, shopping centers, and as a gateway to Mount Bromo.
- Bandung – Known for its cool climate, stunning landscapes, and as a shopping destination with numerous factory outlets.
- Yogyakarta – A cultural hub and home to ancient temples such as Borobudur and Prambanan, known for its traditional arts and batik.
- Bali – Although Bali is an island, it is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and rich Hindu culture.
- Medan – The largest city in Sumatra, known for its multiculturalism, diverse cuisine, and as a gateway to the stunning Lake Toba.
- Semarang – Located on the north coast of Java, Semarang is famous for its Dutch colonial architecture, including the iconic Lawang Sewu building.
- Makassar – The largest city in eastern Indonesia, known for its rich maritime history, delicious seafood, and vibrant markets.
- Malang – Situated in East Java, Malang is renowned for its cool climate, beautiful landscapes, and as a base for visiting Mount Bromo.
- Manado – Located in North Sulawesi, Manado is popular for its pristine diving spots, coral reefs, and traditional Minahasan cuisine.