Easily calculate your salary after taxes so you know exactly what to expect when creating your budget.
Estimate your salary taxes for the current tax year. Enter your gross income to begin:
Oman is known for its relatively low-tax environment, which is a key aspect for both individuals and businesses. This analysis will focus on income tax, corporate tax, and other tax obligations one might encounter in Oman.
Individual Income Tax
- Rate: Oman imposes a 0% income tax rate on individuals.
- Implication: While individuals enjoy a zero-tax regime, it is crucial to understand that the country has other ways to generate revenue for public services.
Tax Rates for Businesses
- Standard Rate: The standard corporate tax rate is 15%.
- Exceptions: Oil and gas exploration companies are taxed at a different rate, which can be as high as 55%.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Rate: A 5% VAT was implemented in April 2021.
- Scope: The tax applies to most goods and services but exempts essential items like basic foodstuffs and healthcare.
- Rate: Customs duties generally range from 0% to 5%.
- Exceptions: Alcohol and tobacco products have higher rates.
Other Taxes and Fees
- Rate: Employers contribute 11.5% and employees contribute 7% to the Public Authority for Social Insurance.
- Purpose: These contributions fund social security benefits like pensions.
- Type: Various municipal taxes may apply to services like utilities.
- Rate: The rates for these taxes are generally low but vary depending on the municipality.