Average cost of a Liposuction in India is $2000
An average round-trip flight from the United States to India costs $1731
Hotel and Food: $51/day
Average cost of hotels and food in India is $51/day
The average total cost for a Liposuction in India is $4088, which includes flights, a seven-day hotel stay, and food. Compared to the cost in the United States, you could save an average of 45.01%.
All prices are calculated in USD for convenience.
This page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosure policy.
Step 1: Compare Costs
The first step in finding the best healthcare deal around the world involves carefully comparing different providers. You want to find a provider that’s not too expensive. But still reputable, safe, and highly rated, so you get a great deal without giving up anything important.
TravelCare+ will soon let you request free quotes from different countries. In the meantime, use our database of average prices as a reference when choosing the right international healthcare provider.
Step 2: Book Flight
The next step is booking a flight. You can choose your favorite airline or use Trip.com to compare at prices from different airlines to find the best deal.
You have the power to choose what fits your needs and budget.
Check current deals on flights to India or nearby cities:
Step 3: Accommodation
After booking your flight, it’s time to book a hotel in advance. Don’t forget to plan for additional food costs, so you know what to expect when you get there.
Similar to airlines, you can either stick with your preferred international hotel or compare accommodation costs to find the best deal.
Step 4: Visa and Insurance
Visa and insurance costs can change based on your specific needs. Make sure to budget for these when planning your trip.
Step 5: Return Home
Once your procedure is done, it’s time to return home. Enjoy the added perk of exploring a new country while saving potentially thousands on healthcare.
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is traveling to another country for healthcare. It’s not a vacation; the main goal is medical treatment. Here’s what you should know:
Medical tourists might go abroad for various reasons, such as:
- Dental Care: For procedures related to teeth.
- Cosmetic Surgery: For enhancing appearance.
- Elective Surgery: Choosing to have surgery for non-life-threatening issues.
- Fertility Treatments: Help with having a baby.
- New Procedures: Some travel for new medical treatments not found at home.
- Familiar Care: Choosing a doctor who understands their culture or language.
- Cost Savings: Often more affordable for US citizens as treatments abroad may cost less.
Why Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism allows people to find the care they need, possibly at a lower cost or in a more comfortable setting. Whether seeking specialized treatments or more standard procedures, millions are exploring this option around the world. It’s a way to access different healthcare choices, save money, or find care that feels right for the individual.
Procedure Cost: $2000
A Liposuction costs an average of $2000 in India, compared to an average of $3637 in the United States.
Flight: $1731 (Roundtrip)
A round-trip flight to India costs an average of $1731, assuming the flight is booked a few months in advance.
When to Visit India – Best Times and Tips
- Ideal Weather: Plan your trip between October and March when the climate is most suitable for medical tourism. The weather is warm, dry, and sunny, allowing for comfortable hospital stays and recovery periods. However, be aware that December and January can be cooler in the north with potential fog.
- Regional Preferences: The cool, dry season is particularly favorable for exploring cities, temples, and palaces, and temperatures in central India are also moderate. If you’re interested in Ayurveda therapies, the monsoon season is ideal for regions in Northern India and the South.
- Health Precautions: Ensure you get all necessary vaccinations and consider malaria prevention methods before you travel. This is crucial, especially if you’re traveling for medical purposes.
- Insurance and Planning: Given that you are traveling for medical treatment, having robust insurance is a must. Also, align your medical appointments with the seasons and book well in advance, especially during busy festival times.
- Communication: Make sure you have a plan for staying connected, be it a local SIM card or an international plan, as you’ll need it for medical consultations and logistics.
- Cultural Tips: Familiarize yourself with local customs and greetings, which could be important in healthcare settings as well.
On average, expect to spend $41 per day on hotels and accommodation.
If you’re going to India, you’ll need a place to stay! Here’s a few quick tips to help you book a hotel and what to know about tipping while you’re there:
Booking Your Hotel
- Reserve the First Nights: Make sure to book at least the first night or two, so you have a place to stay.
- Call the Hotel: You can call the hotel directly to book your room.
- Use a Hotel Website: Many hotels let you book right from their website.
- Get a Confirmation Number: Write down or print the number they give you when you book online. It’s like a receipt to prove you booked the room.
- Compare prices using Trip.com or Hotellook: Find over 1.4 million hotel options worldwide with Trip.com or over 1.1 million accommodation options with Hotellook. Browse great deals and book online for cheaper rates. Experts say Saturday is best for domestic bookings, Thursday or Friday for international. Prices may decline the longer you wait.
Expect to spend an average of $10 per day on food in India.
Getting a India visa – Easy Steps:
If you’re planning to visit India, you’ll need a visa. Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need:
- Visa or eVisa: Mandatory for U.S. citizens. Different types for different purposes.
- Passport: Must be valid for six months.
- Debit or Credit Card: For online payment.
- Active Email Address: For communication and eVisa delivery.
- Full Name, Place of Birth, Date of Birth: Required details for the application.
How to Apply:
- Check Eligibility: U.S. citizens need a visa for travel to India.
- Compile Documents: Gather all required documents.
- Submit Application: For short tourist stays, apply for an eVisa at least four days before arrival.
- Wait for Approval: It usually takes 15-20 business days for a visa application to be processed.
Additional Option: U.S. citizens can apply for an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card, which comes with its own requirements and benefits. A valid OCI card and a valid foreign passport are required.
Total Cost: $4088
The average total cost you could expect to spend traveling to India for a Liposuction:
Assuming a 7-day trip, hotel and food costs are multiplied by 7 to give you a full picture of your weekly expenses.
- Procedure Cost: $2000 (USD)
- Flight: $1731
- Hotel: $41/day
- Food: $10/day
- Total Cost: $4088