Discovering where to find specific cooking ingredients from around the world can be a delightful culinary adventure. This guide aims to provide information on where to find foreign cooking ingredients in the UK.
- Health Food Stores: Shops like Holland & Barrett often stock almond flour.
- Major Supermarkets: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and ASDA typically carry almond flour in their baking sections.
American Cheese (Kraft Singles)
- American Food Stores: Websites like American Fizz and American Sweets offer American cheese.
- Supermarkets: Larger supermarkets might have an international section with American cheese.
Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- Grocery Stores: Widely available in all major supermarkets under the baking supplies section.
- Baking Specialty Stores: Stores like Cake Craft Shop and Lakeland offer various types of baking powder.
- Supermarkets: Readily available in the baking section of supermarkets.
Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Butcher Shops: Local butchers typically offer a variety of cuts, including boneless chicken thighs.
- Supermarkets: Widely available in meat sections.
- Ethnic Markets: Asian and Caribbean markets are good sources for true brown sugar with molasses.
- Supermarkets: Stock different varieties of brown sugar.
Caramelized Condensed Milk
- Russian and Eastern European Shops: Can be found in specialized European stores across the UK.
- Mexican Specialty Stores: Stores like MexGrocer offer a variety of Mexican ingredients including chipotles.
- Online Retailers: Websites like Amazon UK also stock chipotles.
- Spanish Food Suppliers: Shops like Brindisa Spanish Foods offer authentic Spanish chorizo.
- Supermarkets: Commonly available in the charcuterie section.
- Supermarkets: Found in the baking aisle of most major supermarkets.
- Mexican and Latin American Stores: Stores like Cool Chile Co and MexGrocer offer authentic corn tortillas.
- Larger Supermarkets: Some larger stores have international sections with corn tortillas.
- Middle Eastern Shops: Specialized stores often carry a variety of spices for couscous.
- Supermarkets: Larger supermarkets with international sections might have these spices.
- Supermarkets: Commonly available next to condensed milk in the baking aisle.
- Specialty Online Stores: Websites like Shipton Mill offer a wide range of flours including those hard to find in supermarkets.
- Supermarkets: Standard flour types like self-raising and all-purpose are readily available.
- American Food Stores: Can be sourced from specialty stores focusing on American foods.
- Online Retailers: Websites like Amazon UK often stock graham crumbs.
Hot Dog Sausages
- American Food Stores: Stores like American Fizz might offer American-style hot dog sausages.
- Supermarkets: Available in the refrigerated section.
Kerrygold Salted Butter
- Irish Food Shops: Stores specializing in Irish products.
- Supermarkets: Widely available in the dairy section.
- Canadian and American Food Stores: Like Maple Canada UK.
- Supermarkets: Pure maple syrup is available in the syrup section.
- British Supermarkets: Widely available across the UK as it’s a British product.
- Butcher Shops: Usually available at local butchers.
- Supermarkets: Larger supermarkets will stock minced lamb.
- Health Food Stores: Such as Holland & Barrett.
- Supermarkets: In the baking aisle or sugar section.
- Spice Stores: Such as The Spice Shop.
- Supermarkets: Available in the spices section.
- Italian Delis: Shops like Lina Stores in London.
- Supermarkets: Available in the charcuterie section.
- Supermarkets: A staple in most supermarkets, available in crunchy and smooth varieties.
Powdered Sugar (Confectioner’s Sugar)
- Baking Supplies Stores: Specialized baking stores often have a variety of sugars.
- Supermarkets: Commonly found in the baking section.
- American Food Stores: Especially around the Thanksgiving season.
- Supermarkets: Larger stores may carry it seasonally in the canned goods aisle.
- Supermarkets: A staple item in UK baking, readily available.