Where to Get Help About Life in the United Kingdom?

Navigating life in the United Kingdom can come with a myriad of questions. Below are resources that can help with general, immigration, housing, medical, legal, and work-related inquiries.

General Questions

For a broad range of topics, from navigating public services to understanding cultural nuances:

Immigration Questions

If you have queries about visas, residency, or citizenship:

Housing Questions

For understanding tenant rights, finding accommodation, or dealing with disputes:

  • Shelter: A charity offering advice on housing and homelessness.
  • The Tenants’ Voice: Advocates for tenants and provides advice on rental issues.

Medical Questions

For locating healthcare services or finding a medical professional:

  • NHS 111: For non-emergency medical advice.
  • NHS GP Finder: Helps you find local general practitioners.

When seeking legal advice or understanding your rights:

Financial Questions

For financial advice, including benefits, taxes, and pensions:

  • Money Advice Service: Free and impartial money advice, set up by the government.
  • Turn2us: A national charity providing financial support to help people get back on track.

If you need guidance on employment law, finding a job, or dealing with workplace issues:

  • ACAS: Provides free and impartial information on workplace rights, rules, and best practices.
  • Jobcentre Plus: For help with finding a job, training, or claiming benefits.

Each resource offers a different type of support, whether you’re looking for community advice or official guidance.

Join our newsletter for weekly updates

Get international updates on where to live affordably, how to optimize your taxes, and ways to make your income go further.

Email MailorLite Opt-In

Ready for a change?