Average cost of a Spinal Fusion in Spain is $6930
An average round-trip flight from the United States to Spain costs $1103
Hotel and Food: $169/day
Average cost of hotels and food in Spain is $169/day
The average total cost for a Spinal Fusion in Spain is $9216, which includes flights, a seven-day hotel stay, and food. Compared to the cost in the United States, you could save an average of 86.59%.
All prices are calculated in USD for convenience.
This page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosure policy.
Step 1: Compare Costs
The first step in finding the best healthcare deal around the world involves carefully comparing different providers. You want to find a provider that’s not too expensive. But still reputable, safe, and highly rated, so you get a great deal without giving up anything important.
TravelCare+ will soon let you request free quotes from different countries. In the meantime, use our database of average prices as a reference when choosing the right international healthcare provider.
Step 2: Book Flight
The next step is booking a flight. You can choose your favorite airline or use Trip.com to compare at prices from different airlines to find the best deal.
You have the power to choose what fits your needs and budget.
Check current deals on flights to Spain or nearby cities:
Step 3: Accommodation
After booking your flight, it’s time to book a hotel in advance. Don’t forget to plan for additional food costs, so you know what to expect when you get there.
Similar to airlines, you can either stick with your preferred international hotel or compare accommodation costs to find the best deal.
Step 4: Visa and Insurance
Visa and insurance costs can change based on your specific needs. Make sure to budget for these when planning your trip.
Step 5: Return Home
Once your procedure is done, it’s time to return home. Enjoy the added perk of exploring a new country while saving potentially thousands on healthcare.
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is traveling to another country for healthcare. It’s not a vacation; the main goal is medical treatment. Here’s what you should know:
Medical tourists might go abroad for various reasons, such as:
- Dental Care: For procedures related to teeth.
- Cosmetic Surgery: For enhancing appearance.
- Elective Surgery: Choosing to have surgery for non-life-threatening issues.
- Fertility Treatments: Help with having a baby.
- New Procedures: Some travel for new medical treatments not found at home.
- Familiar Care: Choosing a doctor who understands their culture or language.
- Cost Savings: Often more affordable for US citizens as treatments abroad may cost less.
Why Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism allows people to find the care they need, possibly at a lower cost or in a more comfortable setting. Whether seeking specialized treatments or more standard procedures, millions are exploring this option around the world. It’s a way to access different healthcare choices, save money, or find care that feels right for the individual.
Procedure Cost: $6930
A Spinal Fusion costs an average of $6930 in Spain, compared to an average of $51697 in the United States.
Flight: $1103 (Roundtrip)
A round-trip flight to Spain costs an average of $1103, assuming the flight is booked a few months in advance.
When to Visit Spain – Best Times and Tips
- The best times for pleasant weather are the spring and fall, particularly May and October. If you want to dive deeper into Spanish festivities, consider visiting from Easter to Corpus Christi—about 60 days after Easter Sunday.
- Spring and Fall: Fewer crowds, moderate temperatures, and affordable lodging make these seasons ideal.
- Atlantic Coast: Be wary of October and November; this region gets heavy rain.
- Cheapest Months: From December to March, you can find the most budget-friendly options. Early spring and late autumn also offer decent rates.
- Best Time to Book: Ideally, book your flight 60-90 days in advance. June, July, and November typically offer the cheapest booking options.
- Since lodging and flights are more affordable during off-peak seasons, consider aligning any scheduled activities or appointments during these times.
- Look for bundled travel packages that may offer additional cost-saving opportunities.
On average, expect to spend $109 per day on hotels and accommodation.
If you’re going to Spain, you’ll need a place to stay! Here’s a few quick tips to help you book a hotel and what to know about tipping while you’re there:
Booking Your Hotel
- Reserve the First Nights: Make sure to book at least the first night or two, so you have a place to stay.
- Call the Hotel: You can call the hotel directly to book your room.
- Use a Hotel Website: Many hotels let you book right from their website.
- Get a Confirmation Number: Write down or print the number they give you when you book online. It’s like a receipt to prove you booked the room.
- Compare prices using Trip.com or Hotellook: Find over 1.4 million hotel options worldwide with Trip.com or over 1.1 million accommodation options with Hotellook. Browse great deals and book online for cheaper rates. Experts say Saturday is best for domestic bookings, Thursday or Friday for international. Prices may decline the longer you wait.
Expect to spend an average of $60 per day on food in Spain.
Getting a Spain visa – Easy Steps:
If you’re planning to visit Spain, you’ll need a visa. Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need:
- Valid Passport: Must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of entry.
- ETIAS Authorization: Starting November 2023, U.S. citizens will need an ETIAS travel authorization, valid for 3 years.
- Sufficient Funds: Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your trip.
- Other Requirements: Evidence for the purpose of stay and proof of not being subject to an entry ban.
How to Apply:
- Check Eligibility: U.S. citizens can enter Spain for up to 90 days within any 180-day period without a visa.
- Compile Documents: Gather all necessary documents including proof of sufficient funds and compliance with Spain’s entry conditions.
- Submit Application: For those who need a visa (e.g., Green Card holders), apply at the Spanish embassy in your home country.
- Duration of Stay: The ETIAS authorization allows for multiple visits, up to 90 days in any 180-day period, and is valid for 3 years.
Note: U.S. citizens with a Green Card may need to apply for a visa and should consult the Spanish embassy for specific requirements.
Total Cost: $9216
The average total cost you could expect to spend traveling to Spain for a Spinal Fusion:
Assuming a 7-day trip, hotel and food costs are multiplied by 7 to give you a full picture of your weekly expenses.
- Procedure Cost: $6930 (USD)
- Flight: $1103
- Hotel: $109/day
- Food: $60/day
- Total Cost: $9216