Average cost of a hair transplant in Turkey is $1,500
An average round trip flight from the United States to Turkey costs $1,834
Hotel and Food: $66/day
Average cost of hotels and food in Turkey is $66/day
A trip to Turkey for a hair transplant would cost an average of $3,796.
All prices are calculated in USD for convenience.
This page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosure policy.
Step 1: Compare Costs
Step 1 in finding the best healthcare deal around the world involves carefully comparing different providers. You want to find something that’s not too expensive, but still good and safe, so you get a great deal without giving up anything important.
TravelCare+ will soon let you request free quotes from different countries. In the meantime, use our database of average prices as a reference when choosing the right international healthcare provider.
Step 2: Book Flight
The next step is booking a flight. You can choose your favorite airline or use Trip.com to compare prices from different airlines to find the best deal.
With options at your fingertips, the choice is yours, allowing you to select the best fit according to your preferences and budget.
Step 3: Accommodation
After booking your flight, it’s time to book a hotel in advance. Don’t forget to plan for additional food costs, so you know what to expect when you get there.
Similar to airlines, you can either stick with your preferred international hotel or compare accommodation costs to find the best deal.
Step 4: Visa and Insurance
Potential visa or insurance costs can depend heavily on individual situations. Since they may vary significantly, it’s wise to consider them as you plan your trip.
Step 5: Return Home
After completing your procedure, the final step is coming back home. With medical tourism, you get to see a new country and potentially save thousands on healthcare expenses.
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is when people go to a different country to get medical care. It’s like a trip, but the main goal is to see a doctor or have a medical procedure. Here’s what you might need to know:
- Different Treatments: This can include many things like teeth care, beauty surgery, choosing to have a surgery, or even treatments to help have a baby.
- Experimental Treatments: Some people travel to try new medical treatments that aren’t available in their home country.
- Cultural Connections: Others might want to see a doctor who understands their culture and language.
- Affordability: Medical tourism is usually significantly more affordable for US citizens because treatments in other countries can cost less.
Medical tourism is a way for people to find the care they need, often at a lower cost, or in a place they feel more comfortable. Whether for specialized treatments or for more routine procedures, it’s becoming a popular option for millions around the world.
Procedure Cost: $10,000
A hair transplant costs an average of $1,500 in Turkey, compared to an average of $10,000 in the United States.
Flight: $1,834 (Roundtrip)
A round trip flight to Turkey costs an average of $1,834.
Check current deals on flights to Istanbul, Turkey or nearby cities:
Turkey is a great place to visit, but it can get crowded during the summer. Here’s how you can have a great trip without spending too much:
When to Visit:
- Tourism Season Starts: In early April, people start visiting Turkey.
- Busiest Times: June and July are really crowded.
How to Save Money:
- Buy Tickets in Winter: You might find cheaper tickets if you buy them during the winter.
- Book Early: The sooner you get your plane ticket and hotel, the less they might cost.
- Visit in Spring or Fall: These times are not as busy, and you may find good deals.
- Plan Ahead: Buying tickets and booking your hotel early helps you save money.
On average, expect to spend $71 per day on hotels and accommodation.
If you’re going to Turkey, you’ll need a place to stay! Here’s a few quick tips to help you book a hotel and what to know about tipping while you’re there:
Booking Your Hotel
- Reserve the First Nights: Make sure to book at least the first night or two, so you have a place to stay.
- Call the Hotel: You can call the hotel directly to book your room.
- Use a Hotel Website: Many hotels let you book right from their website.
- Get a Confirmation Number: Write down or print the number they give you when you book online. It’s like a receipt to prove you booked the room.
- Use Trip.com: Find over 1.4 million hotel options worldwide. Browse great deals and book online for cheaper rates. Experts say Saturday is best for domestic bookings, Friday for international. Prices may decline the longer you wait. Trip.com has been offering competitive prices for over 20 years.
Tipping in Turkey
- Housekeeping and Concierge Staff: If you stay at a fancy hotel, it’s nice to leave a few dollars each day for the cleaning and help staff.
- Tour Guides: If you take a tour, tip about $10-15 per person per day to the guide.
- General Tips: Tipping is common, and 10% of the cost is a good amount. But it depends on how good the service was.
- Generous Tip: 100 Lira (Turkish money) is considered a really nice tip in Turkey.
- Plan ahead, and you’ll have a great stay!
- Be kind to the people who help you by tipping.
Expect to spend an average of $12 per day on food in Turkey.
Getting a Turkey E-Visa – Easy Steps:
If you’re planning to visit Turkey, you’ll need a visa. You can get an e-visa online, and it’s a simple process! Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need:
- A US Passport: Make sure it’s still good for at least six more months.
- A Digital Photo of Yourself: This will go on your visa.
- Credit or Debit Card: You’ll need this to pay the $50 fee.
How to Apply:
- Go Online: Visit www.evisa.gov.tr to start the application.
- Choose Your Travel Purpose: The e-visa is for tourism or short business trips. If you’re going for something else, contact the Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
- Apply Early: Make sure to apply at least 48 hours before you leave.
- Check Your Email: You’ll get an email with a number that helps you check if your visa is ready on the website.
- The e-visa costs $50 for US citizens.
- This guide is for tourism and short business trips to Turkey.
Now, you’re all set to enjoy your trip to Turkey! Make sure to have these ready:
- Passport: Must be valid for 6 more months.
- Digital Photo: Have a clear picture of yourself.
- Payment: $50 fee, paid with a credit or debit card.
Total Cost: $3,796
The average total cost you could expect to spend traveling to Turkey for a hair transplant:
Assuming a 7-day trip, hotel and food costs are multiplied by 7 to give you a full picture of your weekly expenses.
- Procedure Cost: $1,500 (USD)
- Flight: $1,834
- Hotel: $54
- Food: $12
- Total Cost: $3,796