Average cost of a Coronary Bypass Surgery in UAE is $17234
An average round-trip flight from the United States to UAE costs $1228
Hotel and Food: $125/day
Average cost of hotels and food in UAE is $125/day
The average total cost for a Coronary Bypass Surgery in UAE is $19337, which includes flights, a seven-day hotel stay, and food. Compared to the cost in the United States, you could save an average of 77.44%.
All prices are calculated in USD for convenience.
This page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosure policy.
Step 1: Compare Costs
The first step in finding the best healthcare deal around the world involves carefully comparing different providers. You want to find a provider that’s not too expensive. But still reputable, safe, and highly rated, so you get a great deal without giving up anything important.
TravelCare+ will soon let you request free quotes from different countries. In the meantime, use our database of average prices as a reference when choosing the right international healthcare provider.
Step 2: Book Flight
The next step is booking a flight. You can choose your favorite airline or use Trip.com to compare at prices from different airlines to find the best deal.
You have the power to choose what fits your needs and budget.
Check current deals on flights to UAE or nearby cities:
Step 3: Accommodation
After booking your flight, it’s time to book a hotel in advance. Don’t forget to plan for additional food costs, so you know what to expect when you get there.
Similar to airlines, you can either stick with your preferred international hotel or compare accommodation costs to find the best deal.
Step 4: Visa and Insurance
Visa and insurance costs can change based on your specific needs. Make sure to budget for these when planning your trip.
Step 5: Return Home
Once your procedure is done, it’s time to return home. Enjoy the added perk of exploring a new country while saving potentially thousands on healthcare.
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is traveling to another country for healthcare. It’s not a vacation; the main goal is medical treatment. Here’s what you should know:
Medical tourists might go abroad for various reasons, such as:
- Dental Care: For procedures related to teeth.
- Cosmetic Surgery: For enhancing appearance.
- Elective Surgery: Choosing to have surgery for non-life-threatening issues.
- Fertility Treatments: Help with having a baby.
- New Procedures: Some travel for new medical treatments not found at home.
- Familiar Care: Choosing a doctor who understands their culture or language.
- Cost Savings: Often more affordable for US citizens as treatments abroad may cost less.
Why Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism allows people to find the care they need, possibly at a lower cost or in a more comfortable setting. Whether seeking specialized treatments or more standard procedures, millions are exploring this option around the world. It’s a way to access different healthcare choices, save money, or find care that feels right for the individual.
Procedure Cost: $17234
A Coronary Bypass Surgery costs an average of $17234 in UAE, compared to an average of $76384 in the United States.
Flight: $1228 (Roundtrip)
A round-trip flight to UAE costs an average of $1228, assuming the flight is booked a few months in advance.
When to Visit the United Arab Emirates (UAE) – Best Times and Tips
If you’re considering a medical tourism trip to the UAE, timing can be crucial. Let’s break down the best times to visit:
Winter (November to March):
The winter months are the most comfortable for sightseeing and swimming in the UAE. Expect temperatures to range between 73.4°F to 77°F, making it ideal for any outdoor medical procedures or recovery time.
Shoulder Seasons (April-May and September-October):
These months offer a balance between reasonable weather and fewer crowds. You’ll also find accommodations and flights at more affordable prices, providing good value for your medical trip.
Low Season (April to October):
If you prefer to dodge the tourist crowds, consider visiting during these months. Many residents travel abroad, making the cities less crowded. However, be prepared for higher temperatures and humidity levels.
On average, expect to spend $81 per day on hotels and accommodation.
If you’re going to UAE, you’ll need a place to stay! Here’s a few quick tips to help you book a hotel and what to know about tipping while you’re there:
Booking Your Hotel
- Reserve the First Nights: Make sure to book at least the first night or two, so you have a place to stay.
- Call the Hotel: You can call the hotel directly to book your room.
- Use a Hotel Website: Many hotels let you book right from their website.
- Get a Confirmation Number: Write down or print the number they give you when you book online. It’s like a receipt to prove you booked the room.
- Compare prices using Trip.com or Hotellook: Find over 1.4 million hotel options worldwide with Trip.com or over 1.1 million accommodation options with Hotellook. Browse great deals and book online for cheaper rates. Experts say Saturday is best for domestic bookings, Thursday or Friday for international. Prices may decline the longer you wait.
Expect to spend an average of $44 per day on food in UAE.
Getting a UAE visa – Easy Steps:
If you’re planning to visit UAE, you’ll need a visa. Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need:
- A color passport photograph
- A color copy of your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry
- A copy of your flight ticket
- The visa application form
How to Apply:
As a US citizen, you can obtain a free visitor visa upon arrival for a 30-day personal stay. This makes it convenient if you’re traveling for medical treatment or other short-term activities.
The visa you receive on arrival is valid for 30 days from your date of entry. If your medical treatment requires a longer stay, you can request an extension at the nearest immigration office in the UAE. There are no fees for the 30-day, 90-day, and 180-day on-arrival visas. However, the fee for a 14-day on-arrival visa is 120 AED.
Total Cost: $19337
The average total cost you could expect to spend traveling to UAE for a Coronary Bypass Surgery:
Assuming a 7-day trip, hotel and food costs are multiplied by 7 to give you a full picture of your weekly expenses.
- Procedure Cost: $17234 (USD)
- Flight: $1228
- Hotel: $81/day
- Food: $44/day
- Total Cost: $19337