Average cost of a Breast Augmentation in Mexico is $3600
An average round-trip flight from the United States to Mexico costs $536
Hotel and Food: $101/day
Average cost of hotels and food in Mexico is $101/day
The average total cost for a Breast Augmentation in Mexico is $4843, which includes flights, a seven-day hotel stay, and food. Compared to the cost in the United States, you could save an average of 20.28%.
All prices are calculated in USD for convenience.
This page may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosure policy.
Step 1: Compare Costs
The first step in finding the best healthcare deal around the world involves carefully comparing different providers. You want to find a provider that’s not too expensive. But still reputable, safe, and highly rated, so you get a great deal without giving up anything important.
TravelCare+ will soon let you request free quotes from different countries. In the meantime, use our database of average prices as a reference when choosing the right international healthcare provider.
Step 2: Book Flight
The next step is booking a flight. You can choose your favorite airline or use Trip.com to compare at prices from different airlines to find the best deal.
You have the power to choose what fits your needs and budget.
Check current deals on flights to Mexico or nearby cities:
Step 3: Accommodation
After booking your flight, it’s time to book a hotel in advance. Don’t forget to plan for additional food costs, so you know what to expect when you get there.
Similar to airlines, you can either stick with your preferred international hotel or compare accommodation costs to find the best deal.
Step 4: Visa and Insurance
Visa and insurance costs can change based on your specific needs. Make sure to budget for these when planning your trip.
Step 5: Return Home
Once your procedure is done, it’s time to return home. Enjoy the added perk of exploring a new country while saving potentially thousands on healthcare.
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism is traveling to another country for healthcare. It’s not a vacation; the main goal is medical treatment. Here’s what you should know:
Medical tourists might go abroad for various reasons, such as:
- Dental Care: For procedures related to teeth.
- Cosmetic Surgery: For enhancing appearance.
- Elective Surgery: Choosing to have surgery for non-life-threatening issues.
- Fertility Treatments: Help with having a baby.
- New Procedures: Some travel for new medical treatments not found at home.
- Familiar Care: Choosing a doctor who understands their culture or language.
- Cost Savings: Often more affordable for US citizens as treatments abroad may cost less.
Why Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism allows people to find the care they need, possibly at a lower cost or in a more comfortable setting. Whether seeking specialized treatments or more standard procedures, millions are exploring this option around the world. It’s a way to access different healthcare choices, save money, or find care that feels right for the individual.
Procedure Cost: $3600
A Breast Augmentation costs an average of $3600 in Mexico, compared to an average of $4516 in the United States.
Flight: $536 (Roundtrip)
A round-trip flight to Mexico costs an average of $536, assuming the flight is booked a few months in advance.
When to Visit Mexico – Best Times and Tips:
- Ideal Weather: Dry season from December to April, with cooler temperatures. December and February are the coolest but can still reach up to 82°F.
- Avoiding Crowds: To minimize dealing with crowds, plan your trip in May, June, or during the fall months.
- Wet Season: The rainy season starts in the south in May and goes until October.
- Budget Considerations: The cheapest time to visit is from July to October, with accommodation rates dropping by up to 40%. September is particularly cost-effective for flights.
- Most Expensive Times: December and January are the peak months and are most expensive for travel and accommodations.
On average, expect to spend $71 per day on hotels and accommodation.
If you’re going to Mexico, you’ll need a place to stay! Here’s a few quick tips to help you book a hotel and what to know about tipping while you’re there:
Booking Your Hotel
- Reserve the First Nights: Make sure to book at least the first night or two, so you have a place to stay.
- Call the Hotel: You can call the hotel directly to book your room.
- Use a Hotel Website: Many hotels let you book right from their website.
- Get a Confirmation Number: Write down or print the number they give you when you book online. It’s like a receipt to prove you booked the room.
- Compare prices using Trip.com or Hotellook: Find over 1.4 million hotel options worldwide with Trip.com or over 1.1 million accommodation options with Hotellook. Browse great deals and book online for cheaper rates. Experts say Saturday is best for domestic bookings, Thursday or Friday for international. Prices may decline the longer you wait.
Expect to spend an average of $30 per day on food in Mexico.
Getting a Mexico visa – Easy Steps:
If you’re planning to visit Mexico, you’ll need a visa. Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need:
- Valid Passport: Must be valid for the duration of your stay.
- Mexico Tourist Card (FMM): Required for all travelers staying less than 180 days.
- Proof of Automobile Registration: Required if traveling by car.
How to Apply:
- Check Eligibility: U.S. citizens can enter Mexico for up to 180 days without a visa but must obtain a Tourist Card.
- Compile Documents: Collect all required documents including your valid passport and, if applicable, automobile registration.
- Submit Application: Tourist Cards can typically be obtained within a few hours after applying online.
- Duration of Stay: U.S. citizens can stay in Mexico for up to 180 days per trip without a visa.
- Note: The Mexico Tourist Card (FMM) is mandatory for all travelers, including Americans, who are traveling for tourism, leisure, or professional meetings lasting less than 6 months.
Total Cost: $4843
The average total cost you could expect to spend traveling to Mexico for a Breast Augmentation:
Assuming a 7-day trip, hotel and food costs are multiplied by 7 to give you a full picture of your weekly expenses.
- Procedure Cost: $3600 (USD)
- Flight: $536
- Hotel: $71/day
- Food: $30/day
- Total Cost: $4843